Q&A | Guide to an M, or business visa application in Shanghai

Content Img

Q: Hello, I'm planning to engage in commercial and trading activities in East China's Shanghai. What preparations should I make?

A: To participate in business activities, you should apply for an M, or business visa.

01 How to apply

You can apply for the visa online at the Chinese Visa Application Service Center. The visa center's websites provide online form completions and visa application status query services.

[Long press the QR code to the visa center]

02 Documents required

☑️ Original passport valid for at least 6 months

☑️ Visa application form, completed online and signed by hand

☑️ Color passport photo taken within 6 months

☑️ Documents concerning commercial activities issued by a trading partner in China, or trade fair invitation, etc.

[Long press the QR code to see checklist for M-visa application]

03 How to extend your visa

If you are in Shanghai and want to extend your business visa, you can submit an application to the Exit-Entry Administration of the Shanghai Municipal Public Security Bureau.

📍 Address: No 1500 Minsheng Road, Pudong New Area

🕘 Open: Monday to Saturday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pmIf you need any assistance with your visa application, please contact us

8621 - 51785021


  • Our Serivces

  • Work Permit and Residence Permit Application


  • Foreigner Permanent Residence ID Card


  • China Immigration Policy Consulting


  • Office Recommendation


  • WOFE/JV Registration


  • Bookkeeping and Tax Declaration


  • China Tax Policy Consulting


  • M & A